Wednesday Woes

Prior to leaving on my road trip, my perennials were developing nicely.  They appeared as if it was going to be a glorious years.  Along the creek in the front, all the Columbine was so green and lush, stems with buds just waiting for the right moment to open.  The Japanese Painted Fern had doubled in size and my Autumn Joy Sedums along the south side of the house were already ten inches tall.  Of course, the early Spring bulbs had naturalized, making almost a solid mat of Snowbells.

However, today I noticed a different look to those plants.  Unfortunately, it was a look that I recognized.  They were crumpled, wrinkled and withered.  Leaves folding under, they look sickly.  Actually, who am I kidding?  They looked pathetic!

Then I noticed something else.  The weeds in the front yard were dead, dried up and withered and turning beige.  Interesting, perhaps the Pres would have the answer, I thought as I headed in the house. 

Although he originally told me that he'd sprayed for weeds along the fence in the back yard, when I asked if he'd sprayed anything lately, I got him to admit that he'd sprayed in the front as well.  Of course, that was after I asked him to get out of his chair and come outside so he could "help" me determine what HE THOUGHT WAS WRONG WITH MY PLANTS! 

Hoping that some of the plants will survive, I cut the sickly parts off today.  Hence, Wednesday woes.

The lesson here:  Do NOT spray weed killer on a windy day.  The Pres said it wasn't windy the day he sprayed.  I don't believe him.

Oh and one more thing....I'm very annoyed...no pissed is more like it!!

Comments

Popular Posts