Red Bird...Red Bird


I apologize for the blurry picture but this guy was so far away and my camera is only a 10 zoom.  Since I obviously haven't learned to perfect the pixel distortion and cropping, this is the result.  Regardless, isn't he handsome?

He was so vibrant sitting there in the thicket, gleaming like a ball of hot fire, this "red bird".  It reminded me of my youngest grand daughter.  Yes, a story... 

You see, when Mia was only a few months old, I had the opportunity to watch her until she was old enough to attend day care.  

Carrying her around on my shoulder, I would sing to her.  Oh yes, sometimes it was a well known Nursery Rhyme taken from the depths of my mind.  Other times, I would simply make one up as we swayed to and fro.  Her favorite became "Red Bird" as each time I sang it, she would smile and light up like a little Christmas tree. 

I still sing it to her when I see her and her reaction is the same, which makes my heart grow even more.

Comments

Popular Posts