Proper Poppy

It's been nearly eight years since the Pres and I moved here.  In those eight years, we've done a lot, improving the place and now we've decided it's time to "move on."   The other day in my post, I mentioned that the realtor told us about wood being a valuable commodity.  And it is.  As of Monday, our home went on the market.  We will be returning to Connecticut, closer to our family and friends!  I am very happy about that as a mom and a grandmother as you can well imagine.  However, I would like to tell you another story.

For the years I've lived here, I have always wanted Poppies.  Oh, I planted seed which grew into seedlings which I tenderly transplanted following the sun, soil recommendations.  Nothing.  Each year I would get the foliage to emerge, but never a flower...not a single one.

In between watching my baby birds grow right before my tear filled eyes knowing I was leaving the Hollow, I noticed one "different" stalk in my garden.  Watching it over the past few days, yesterday morning before the Realtor arrived, it appeared as you see above, with part of the pod still in tact.

Signing the paperwork with the Realtor, they placed their FOR SALE signs and left.  When I went out in the yard for my afternoon relaxation with the kids, there it was.  


It was a proper Poppy farewell, standing so erect among the other flowers, waving good-bye in the breeze.  It had found it's Home in the Hollow after all and is as ready for new adventures as am I!! 


Comments

Popular Posts