Odd?

Driving through the hills of Pennsylvania, a bright blue Nissan SE pulled along side of me and then for a short while was behind me.  Looking in my rear view mirror, I noticed that the woman was driving with her hand out the window.  It was such a beautiful day going through the mountainous passes and virtually no traffic to speak of.  So why not catch a breeze if you can, I thought.  Nothing odd about that.  She passed me and now directly in front of me, I couldn't help but notice her hand.

It appeared small with short, stout fingers and her skin was so white.  Looking at my hands on the steering wheel, the tan I'd gotten in Aruba was still quit evident compared to hers of  lily white.  I had the oddest thought.  I kept thinking about how short and stout her fingers were compared to those my long thin weathered hands. 

There she was again, now on my right as the highway opened into four lanes.

It wasn't her hand I was looking at!  It was her foot!  She was driving with the top half of her foot hanging out of the window.  I decided that I need to get out more.

Comments

Popular Posts