I wonder...

How many eggs are in that nest on my porch?

This is the, or I should say one of the, proud owners of that nest affixed to the rafter on my front porch.  You remember, don't you?  The one that was either built by professional nest builders or a newlyweds who are madly in love!  (posted the 27th of April "W").

The other day, I decided that I just had to sneak up on the porch and take a picture.  Climbing the steps as quietly as I could, I couldn't tell what was creaking more...my knees or the wooden steps!  Anyway I chose the bench to sit on and take aim. It was gone in the blink of an eye and flew to the thicket at the edge of the driveway.  It came as close as sitting on the garden fence and since it wouldn't return while I was there, I caved and left the scene.  I am a hopeless romantic...always was an always will be I guess.

However, I've been keeping a close eye on the nest because six Blue Jays arrived here in the Hollow this past week with their luggage!!  Can you picture that?  I hope so, because it makes me chuckle just thinking about it!  Anyway you know that means they'll be sticking around for a while and you also know how mean they can be.  

Comments

Popular Posts