Friendly Fire

Earlier this morning the Pres was telling me that the Realtor had called with a few questions a woman from England had about the property.  You see, our Realtor not only listed it as "residential" but also as a "farm" because of the twenty acres, barn and creeks.  So, with that in mind the Pres made a statement, as his bare feet twitched back and forth in the recliner, "I think I'll clean out the barn and burn that brush pile today."

Smiling inside, because that brush pile has been around for several years thanks to my making it bigger and bigger, I waited for the sound of the recliner to go to the "sit" position.  About fifteen minutes later, I heard it and saw the Pres emerge from the Oval Office Family Room.  

So outside we went and began dragging brush, adding it to the existing burn pile which was pretty big to begin with.  Then much to my surprise, the Pres hooked up the trailer to the ATV and headed towards the barn.  It didn't take long for him to fill three trailer loads with scraps of lumber that had been neatly tucked away by the previous owner.  

As I drew in a breath, the smoke filled my nostrils and in no time at all, all those limbs, branches, clippings, and pieces of lumber were nothing but ashes, amending the soil.  Yes, now it was time to take a nice hot shower and sit enjoying the remainder of the day.

Comments

Popular Posts