Feelings or Gluttony


The assignment:

This week, it's all about gluttony - eating and drinking to excess.
We can't wait to see what your characters do, if you're writing fiction. Or what YOU have done, if you're writing non-fiction. Word limit is 600.








~~~~~~

Being a believer in "comfort food," seeking appropriate ways for me to express powerful emotions can be difficult.  When I was a child, my feelings were often let's say "mislabeled."  However, I have learned to express my feelings honestly as an adult.  When I'm angry, I sound it.  I show it.  Venting, I get it out into the open and move on.  When I'm happy, that, too, is obvious.  I laugh, smile and even have a glimmer in my eyes.  Being an emotionally charged individual, the list is endless.

The other day though, I was really, really down in the dumps and decided to try to comfort myself since there was no one around.  My day began, of course, with breakfast which consisted of Kashi Cereal, Almond Milk and fresh blueberries.  So far, so good.  An hour passed.

Then I ate a Peach Chobani Greek Yogurt.  Still being good.  The next hour passed. 

That perfectly round grapefruit sitting in the fruit basket was next on my list, followed by a half of a quart of the ripe strawberries sitting in the refrigerator.

In between, I kept drinking my water.

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch so I had a nice salad made with three crisp leaves of romaine, two handfuls of baby spinach, fourteen cherry tomatoes, and about one third of a cucumber.  The salad was accompanied by a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat toast.  Two hours passed.

Then, all hell broke loose...

First I ate five (or maybe it was six) homemade Chocolate Chip Bars that I had stashed in the freezer for emergencies such as this, washing them down with a huge glass of ice cold Almond milk.

Next, I felt it was time to break out the Ritz Crackers and Peanut Butter.  Rolling the remaining half of sleeve up and placing them in the cupboard made me feel less indulgent believe it or not.

Still craving something salty, I hit the bag of Cheetos (the crunchy ones).

Next was the Dark Chocolate Hershey Bar in the freezer lying next to the remaining Chocolate Chip Bars.
Before I knew it it was time for supper which consisted of grilled chicken, Jasmine rice and corn on the cob, of which I had two.

Around eight o'clock, I decided to eat the rest of the bag of Cheetos and the four remaining Chocolate Chip Bars. 

It was shortly thereafter that I had a stomach ache. So, my question to you is simple.

Is food really a comfort?

Next time, I'm talking to a friend.

Do you know how long I have to exercise to get rid of all that?

Comments

Popular Posts