Feathered or Furry?

Working in the yard yesterday, trimming and clipping the early bloomers' spent foliage, I heard a noise.  Looking around though revealed nothing.  As I inhaled, the fragrance of Honeysuckle became stronger.  I love the smell of Honeysuckle when it consumes the yard.  It is especially strong up in back of the barn.

That noise.  There it was again.  In the distance I could hear something chewing.  Although I was only about 170 feet away, I could not see what was going on.  Yes, Moon and Copper were into something and I needed to see exactly what is was.




Of course, although that fragrant Honeysuckle had put my mind at ease, my attitude quickly changed when I saw just WHAT THEY WERE DOING!  You see, a chipmunk was using this old birdhouse as a hideout and the kids didn't like it.  Copper was chewing on the pole and the side of the house when I got there.

Straightening the pole and placing it back where it belonged was the easy part.  Keeping the kids away from it going forward will be the challenge as it wasn't simply a hideout.  I think there's a chipmunk nest in there!!!

Comments

Popular Posts