X is for...

X-rays would be needed and I knew it.  I had had enough broken bones over the years to know the feeling of  broken.  Unfortunately, I just didn't know how badly. As I lay on the bed with my left arm resting on a throw pillow, the throbbing became more intense.  I had no one to take me to the hospital and the kids were already in bed.

Ah, the life of a single parent was not as easy as others thought.  Reaching for the phone, the pain became almost unbearable and nausea set in.  I called my neighbor who agreed to listen and check in on my kids while her husband took me to the Emergency Room.  Dropping me at the entrance, I watched him drive away into the night.

Thank goodness they were not exceptionally busy.  Being left handed, filling out the forms was impossible and once they saw it, they took care of me immediately.  I was told by the doctor that I may never be able to write with it again because of all the damage. He urged me to begin practicing with my right hand.  I would never have 100% mobility in it either.  All the good news hit me hard as the medications kicked in.

Nearly six hours had passed and after "coming to" in the Recovery Room, I asked that someone call a cab to take me back home.

Comments

Popular Posts