W is for...

Wondering who, when, what and where the mess came from that I found on the front porch, I already knew HOW as soon as I spotted it.   That was the easy part.  It was bird poop.  Lots of bird poop!  Immediately looking up, I saw the coolest nest.

Made from what appeared to be mud and all trimmed on it's exterior with moss...lots of moss, I found it intriguing.  As you can see, whatever fine feathered friend created it, they were either professional nest builders or newlyweds.  They did such a good job!  There is just a small lip around the top of this light and then they some how affixed it to a board the Pres had put up several years ago to deter nest building. (Snicker, snicker) 

Walking into the house and filling the plastic pitcher with hot water, I grabbed one of the extending snow removal brushes (the one with the extra firm bristles) from the garage and was ready for action.  I scrubbed, washing away the bird "residue" and then, returning to the house to fetch one more pitcher full of water for a quick rinse, I told the Pres about the nest.

The Pres said, "Why waste your time?  I'll take down the nest and there won't be any more poop."

Wondering what I said? 

Of course, you're not.  You all know me so well!  Washing the front porch where wonderful people can come and sit with me (remember I invited you?) is the easy part.  It's the waiting for you to arrive that takes forever!  After all, what's life if there isn't a little crap (aka "moose-poops") in it once in a while?

Comments

Popular Posts