Stuff Keeps You Busy

After being home one week, I am beginning to feel caught up.  Why is it that a house has that "lived in look"  even though no one lived in it for two weeks?  Dust is my enemy since I have bad allergies.  While in Aruba in that dessert arid climate, my allergies were fine, here in the Hollow, they are not.  It was time to dig out the Netti Pot and layout the cleaning plan. 

In addition to laundering the sheets and blankets, I decided that this would be a great time to switch out the comforters, welcoming the change in seasons.  It's a pain in the butt, though because you wash the ones you're taking off before putting them up in the linen closet and then you have to wash the ones you take out of the linen closet because they have "that" smell...that stuffy smell, which I detest.

Being a busy girl this past week, I had plenty of great weather here in the Hollow to dabble in my flower beds as well.  In fact, on Thursday while the fellow was here painting the family room, I packaged up as much seed as I had and sent it home with him, along with eight pots of perennials.  He was thrilled!  He loves the flowers, not his wife, and said he could not wait to plant when he got home.  I'd given him plants in the past which did well so he was anxiously looking forward to adding the new ones to his collection.


I still have yet to plant the seeds for those plants that don't winter over.  I will probably do that either this afternoon or tomorrow.  The last major tasks that I want to accomplish this week are window washing and the weed eating along the creeks (which held up so well with all the heavy rain we had yesterday!!!) as the grass is quite tall.  This year I will take the necessary precautions to avoid and prevent CHIGGER BITES.  After all, although I am old, I am NOT stupid!

Although I was concerned about the creeks yesterday morning, they were holding their banks.  Copper stayed with me the the whole time I was out there checking them out, while Moon took a few nibbles of breakfast and headed back to bed.  I wanted to show you my Morton Salt raincoat...stunning, don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts