R is for...

Reaching for my snorkel gear, I'd decided to give it a try.  It was time to look for sharks.  This year, while vacationing in Aruba, I had the good fortune to meet a gentleman from Sweden.  He was a professional diver and had assured me that sharks are one of THE most gentile species that inhabit the sea.  Sure, okay Jon...whatever you say, I thought.

So, at the age of  my age, I decided to give it a try.  Assuring me I would be safe, I followed he and his wife to our starting point.  He suggested that I remove, my bracelet due to their attraction to shiny surfaces even though I would be snorkeling with his wife while he dove deeper with his scuba gear.

Dangling my legs over the side and feeling the air bubbles slowly surface as my cobalt blue flippers sank lower beneath the surface, my heart began to race.  I was scared.  Do I back out now? 

to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts