M is for....

Making our way across the island, through San Nicholas, we were almost to our destination.  Heading to the Northeastern quadrant, we hoped that today we would see the wild donkeys.  Of course, my daughter and Angel had seen them numerous times and I must admit that I jumped at the chance when they extended the invitation.  Not interested, the Pres remained at the resort, basking in the sun.

Protected by the government, according to the locals, the donkeys are tagged, then released into the wild once again, left to roam and graze freely.

Taking shelter from the hot afternoon sun, they were a bit reluctant to come towards us at first.  Apparently, however, they remembered the taste of dog biscuits that they'd received last week from my daughter and Angel and eventually headed in our direction.


I couldn't help but wonder what they drink for fresh water though since the rocks and cliffs are located so close to the ocean on the North side of the island.  Facing Venezuela, the South side is only about about fifteen miles away.  A native Aruban told me that a man tried to swim from Venezuela to Aruba attempting to leave his country.  Unfortunately, his body washed ashore on Baby Beach, which is where we snorkel each year.

P.S.  I'm bringing the donkeys with me to Amy's at   Verde Farm for her Farm Friend Fridays.
See you there...:)

Comments

Popular Posts