Devil in Disguise

RemembeRED

“Give me a memory of the color red. Do not write the word 'red' but use words that engender the color red when you hear them". The word limit is 600.






~~~~~~

Anxious to see him again, I nervously paced the room.  Throughout the entire day, although I was involved in a flurry of activity, my mind was playing a game of tag.  Wear the black capris.  No wear the white.  Wear a white top.  No wear the black. What about that blue one?  I'd finally decided to just let it happen and go with whatever I chose.  After all, it wouldn't matter to him as he cared regardless of what I had on.  That made the decision easier.  How did I know that?  

Looking back, I honestly don't remember why I chose what I wore, yet now at this late hour, that was irrelevant.  I was on his street almost at the house...his house.

Knocking at the backdoor, I heard the small dog next door almost immediately begin to bark.  Standing in the doorway as I crossed the deck, he smiled and said, "Welcome to my home."  Looking at him once again, my mind, my thoughts unraveled.  Looking so virile, so bold, so bright, he was dressed impeccably and radiated more warmth than my crimson Azaleas.  The shirt said "STOP, see me."  I immediately thought, the color he'd selected was still his favorite just as it was back then.  It made him even more attractive than he was. 

We hugged and then laughed as I, too, had opted for a top trimmed with "our" favorite color.


The first night had gone well.  We were in a hit.  We were an "us."  I felt it and so did he.  It was time to head out.  I wondered if they would play, Elvis Presley's
(You're the) "Devil in Disguise."


Comments

Popular Posts