They're BAAAAAACCCCK!


The other morning even before I began my walk, I kept hearing what sounded like a chain saw.  At first, I thought it might have been Sam up on the other side of the ridge.

However, when the dogs and I headed down the road, about 3/10 of mile away from the house, the noises were louder.  As we rounded the bend, this is what we saw.

When I last spoke to Emerson, he had told me that the loggers were going to start cutting in a roadway to access his property.  He's having it clear cut.   Of course, the property owned by the church was done last year and now his.  That same feeling of "invasion" came over me, although I know that clearing timber from the land promotes new growth.  I do know that.  I just don't like it.  Let's just hope and pray that the Pres doesn't want to get ours done!

I know I've told you this before when I talked about loggers...it makes me feel like the people in the movie Avatar!

Comments

Popular Posts