Playing in Aruba



Since I didn't want you to be bored with airport pictures, I thought I'd get right to the "good stuff!" 

Iguanas basking in the sun near OUR pool!




  
A typical Divi Divi Tree.  Because of the constant trade-winds, the trees grow sideways!
 
 
 
 

I ran into this guy, when I was  on one of my early morning walks on the beach.  I've been doing three miles each morning...:)

 
 

I've nicknamed them Ricky and Lucy!


I had to show you this one.  These are Blue Morpha Butterflies getting "drunk" on the orange nectar.  Then they chase around the females of their species flirting until they have found "the right one!"


 
 This is the hatchery for the cocoons and chrysalis waiting for life to begin again.


Yes, the island, which is approximately 20 miles by 6 miles, has a lot of commercialized areas.  However,  peace and quiet abound.






Comments

Popular Posts