Ladders & Bears

Once, when I was out driving, I spotted an old wooden ladder that someone had put out for the junk pick-up.  Thank goodness I was in the Wrangler.  Pulling over and stopping so fast, I popped up the hatch and slid it in, after I folded down the front seat faster that you can imagine!




Well, to tell the whole truth, that day I came home with three old wooden ladders and they've all been put to good use too, I might add.

Here's one hanging on the family room wall.  You see, I needed to put something big on this wall.  So why not a ladder?  The wall to the left has a collection of fireman memorabilia which is right above the Pres' chair and the wall to the right has this bear scene.  What better transition from fire fighting to retiring/hunting here in the woods than to use a ladder holding a fireman's pillow, some pine cone candles and a coyote to bring in the outdoors?


This picture is a story in itself...not the picture, but the frame.  You won't believe it when I tell you!  It really was quite interesting.  Remind me...

P.S.  I'm linking this post up to Amy's at Verde Farm for Farm Friends Friday.  See you there!

Comments

Popular Posts