ATV...hummmmmmmmmm

Putting down mulch can be an arduous task.  However, here in the Hollow it is simplified slightly because of the ATV.  Filling the small trailer with the mulch and attaching it to the ATV, it's then easy to maneuver around the yard.  Then all that's left is to evenly spread it with a pitchfork.  I like to put mulch along the entire creek, around the trees and shrubs.  I do not put it in my perennial gardens as I prefer the plants to naturalize, crowding out the weeds which has always worked well here. 

It's summer and picture the ATV stopped, engine idling, with the little trailer filled with mulch.  Taking a hefty amount on the pitchfork, I heard a loud humming.  Walking back to the ATV, again I heard the loud humming.  I kept on thinking it was the engine.  It sounded as if something was vibrating, but I saw nothing against the engine as I climbed back on ready to move to my next spot.  Still, that humming.  This was a different sound.  A sound I'd never heard before...a sound that wasn't going away.

to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts