ATV...hummmmmmmmmm (cont.)

What made me look up, I don't know.  I could hardly believe my eyes.  There was a large...no huge mass of good gravy...BEES flying overhead.  Shutting off the ATV, I watched in amazement as this mass of flying insects became swollen in mid-air, hovered, then landed on the limb of the tree above me. 

I've never seen anything like it before.  By the time all the bees landed, joining the swarm, it was the size of watermelon just hanging from the limb.  Not knowing what to do nor what kind of bees they were, I had to get the Pres.  He called our neighbor, Buddy who knew someone who keeps honeybees and told us that if they were still there in the morning, he would come by for them.

We must have been just a resting point, a "pit stop," if they even do such a thing, because they were gone the next morning.  Too bad.  I would have like to see the bee keepers come and remove them. 

Comments

Popular Posts