A Story: The A-Team

Did I ever tell you the story of "B A?"  I don't believe I did.

If you're old enough to remember the A-Team, then you'll remember BA Barackus.  He was the big, tough looking dude with a mohawk haircut and muscles everywhere!

Well, way back then, my daughter and her husband decided to adopt a puppy from the local pound.  Since this was going to be my first "grandchild" on my side, I didn't care that it had four legs and a tail!  I was going to be a real honest to goodness Grandma!

When they stopped by with this little guy, I immediately fell in love.  Pitch black, dark yearning brown eyes, huge paws and sleek and shiny as a polished pair of shoes, he gave unlimited kisses.  His name was BA.  The folks at the pound told them he was a Great Dane mix and he was going to be a big one!

They had him about two weeks when they asked me to babysit for him overnight.  Of course, I said yes and headed to Jennifer's to pick him up that Saturday morning.  They would be returning on Monday, which was a holiday, as they had an out of town wedding and were leaving at noon.

When I arrived at Jennifer's that Saturday morning, she told me to keep a close eye on BA because he had been very quiet all day.  Picking him up from the couch, I placed him in his crate on his blanket and headed out the door.


to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts