Work, Work Work!!!!

This past Sunday, before I was distracted by my afternoon nap and the fire, I was a busy beaver!  After walking the mountain with the dogs, I came back to the house, and started some laundry.  (Don't laugh at my polartec jammies!  There are VERY warm & toasty!)  In between doing laundry, since we women can mulit task relatively easily, I decided to tear apart the master bedroom as well.  That meant taking down all the plants off the hangers as well as off the seat of the bay window, washing it down, etc., etc.  While the window seat mat was in the dryer, I went outside to tackle a project that I wanted to get out of the way before warmer weather hits the Hollow.  I try to keep the place picked up because in my mind, it reduces the number of hiding places for those crawly, slithery reptiles that I'm not fond of!

I wanted to pick up, move and toss some of the "junk" laying around.  I mean, after all, it's been here since we moved in.  That was eight years ago!  The Pres was in the house reading the paper in his chair when I began this, what I thought would be simple, task.



I really thought that dragging these old metal roofing sheets, that the previous owner and just thrown in the woods, would be easy to drag.  But they weren't.  They still had the roof nails so it was like dragging a rake through the ground.  I was able to get them down to the driveway, but then I had to go in and insist that the Pres come out and give me a hand!  Then, see those pipes to the left.  I found those in the woods too.  They're cast iron and were really heavy.  I had to drag them.  Yep, just last year, when "we" cleaned the yard, the Pres was supposed to take them to the dump.  Apparently, he decided it was just easier to toss them in the woods.  It was probably to keep the metal sheets company.  That's my guess!

(Wouldn't you agree, "wife of Sam?"  LOL!)

Oh well, just like Scarlet,"tomorrow is another day! I'll think about it tomorrow."
Or maybe not.



P.S.  Did I ever tell you that I want a Clark Gable to come and sweep me off my feet? 

Comments

Popular Posts