Welcome

Knowing that she'll be arriving soon, I wanted to be sure that the "Welcome" sign looked it's best too.
Did I ever show you my "Welcome Sign"?  Way back in 1802, when I worked at "the bank" and was still in Connecticut, one of the tellers at one of my branches knew someone who made these "Welcome Kits."  I ordered one for my mother-in-law, one for my daughter, and one for myself.  It is as old as the hills, but isn't it the cutest thing ever?

As you can see there is a plaque for each month.  How appropriate that the "snowman" was for January!  The entire set is made out of wood with each plaque being carved and then hand painted.  Since it's February, that's what's on display once it goes back on the wall. 

So, with that said...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to YOU 
and
Thanks for making my Valentines Day special for me too!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts