Welcome to the Barn

I love the barn that's here.  I've been told by many of the neighbors, that years ago, some of the folks that lived here, in this house, farmed the hills that surround us.  Of course, those hills are now filled with trees.

Around here, many land owners choose to have the property "timbered."  Apparently, it's a way to make money from your land.  If fact, over the weekend, when I saw my neighbor, Sam, he told me that he is now in the forest management since he retired.  What he's doing is removing the trees that are not "good" and replacing them with trees that are.  Smart guy, don't you think?

Anyway, back in the day, mules and even a horse or two used my barn.  Someday, I'll take you on a tour of the inside.  I love it!!

For today, here's a picture of the South side (where Moon is) and then, that's the West side (where that feeder is).

Did I ever tell you about that feeder???  Now there's a story...another adventure that I forgot about. 




Today, I'm heading over to Amy's at  Verde Farm  for Farm Friend Friday.  Please join me so we can enjoy the adventures that so many share!

Comments

Popular Posts