Squatter's Rights

Friendly & Felice

About two years ago, the Pres and I were in his truck with Moon and Copper in the back seat.  As we headed down the gravel road and rounded the corner, not only was the pavement ahead of us, I saw something up further rounding the next bend. "It looked like the rear end of a horse," I said to Joe.

Sure enough, we got up around the bend and there she was!  It was Chrissy, one of the donkeys that belongs to the preacher and his wife.

Chrissy had a bad habit.  She would always get out and go wandering whenever she wanted some male companionship, if you know what I mean.  As we approached her, I told Joe not to scare her with the truck.  He has a diesel and the motors are very loud so I asked him to pull over and shut off the truck while I went after her on foot.  I told him to keep Moon and Copper in the truck.  Instructions received and understood. 

I walked up to Chrissy, grabbed hold of her head and then I thought, this is going to be interesting because she's not wearing a halter!  As I walked along side of her heading back toward the truck, Moon decided to be her protective self and in the blink of an eye, jumped out of the open window and began barking incessantly at Chrissy.  I'm sure she was trying to protect me...my Mountain Moon.  However, all that did was cause Chrissy to turn and trot off in the direction that we just came from...back up the hill! 

I remembered I had a dog leash in the truck so I grabbed it from the door pocket and once again pursued Chrissy.  No, I don't have a picture!  However, picture me, wearing flip flops, walking a donkey with the dog leash wrapped around her neck down the road~ho hum and la dee da.  Yep...life in the Hollow...:)

Felice, Friendly, Chrissy, Harold (the hunk)

This photo was taken last May when my friends from the Netherlands came to visit.  It will give you an idea though of how sweet they all are.  Of course, in this photo you'll see Harold (far right).  Since Harold is around, Chrissy doesn't "go looking" if you know what I mean.  And she shares Harold with Friendly, the other female.  He's the proud father of both of the little ones in the picture.  Oh, and me...I just like to go visit.  I refer to this as "squatters rights"?


Head on over to Angela's at WV Ttreasures for her Tuesday's Show & Tail!  I have my schedule all messed up this week so I'm heading there now...better late than never!

Comments

Popular Posts