Let's Talk Turkey

I called up Mike the other day and asked if I could stop by.













And while he picked up all the "poopie",

He told me to go and say "Hi"........

To all the animals he has over there

But when I saw this one, I couldn't help but stare!

I've never seen a Turkey so large

My goodness, he was as big as a barge!

"Sixty pounds," said Mike with his big old grin

For goodness sake, it made me feel thin!

"He likes you, " said Mike, as the bird started to "talk"

"You see" he went on, "even got a John Wayne walk."

For you see, where he came from wasn't so great

And now Mike is talking about giving him a mate!

Yes, Mike took him in and gave him a new home

He didn't want the poor fellow to be all alone.

But before I knew it, it was time to say "bye"

I hopped in my car and just kept saying "Oh, my!"




P.S.  I'm heading over to Verde Farm  for Farm Friend Fridays.  See you there!

Comments

Popular Posts