Law A "biting" Citizen

Well, I guess I just have to tell you about another adventure I had just the other day.  I was coming home from the Y and, as always, I was munching away on a nice juicy Granny Smith apple.  They're my favorite!  They are just so juicy and tart that they really quench your thirst after a two hour workout.  Besides, they help fill me up and they are supposed to be good for you.

Anyway, I had just finished eating my apple and was about to toss the core out the window, as I crested the small hill near the railroad tracks.  Suddenly I saw two State Policemen waving their arms up over their heads for me to stop.  YIKES!  Thinking I was going to get a ticket for littering, I quickly moved my arm away from the open window and put the apple core in my lap. 

I came to a stop, and as the younger Officer approached my window, the other Officer just stood in front of my car.  He didn't look as pleasant as the one near my window.  So, I proceeded to get my "handy dandy important paper keeper" out of the glove box and as I started to hand him my registration and insurance, he said, "I just need to see your license.  We only want to look at what you don't have in your hand."

Although I didn't quite understand that, I figured, they're in charge.  So I pulled my wallet from my purse and as I began taking my license out, he said, "I can look at it like that."   It was in one of those clear window pockets.  Without thinking, I said, "OK sweetheart".  He handed it back to me and once again, I said, "thank you sweetheart."   

Then the light-bulb went off on in my head!  Holy Moosepoops...what am I thinking, calling an Officer sweetheart!  Then I said, "I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to call you sweetheart, am I?"  A big smile came across his very handsome face as he responded, "You can call me sweetheart anytime you want."

WoW!  I thought...I was stopped by the police!  I can't wait to call my kids and tell them.  This was the first time ever (at the age of "OLD").  I was excited!  I drove off and once I turned onto my road, I called and left voice messages on both Jennifer and Jason's cell phone.  Later that evening, they called me and laughed so hard.
"Mom, you were not STOPPED by the police.  It was a SPOT CHECK!" 

But just between us, deep down...I was still excited that I was one of the chosen ones...:)

Comments

Popular Posts