Drink Your Tea

I noticed a lot of new things happening here in the Hollow now that Spring is heading this way.  Oh, sure the Daffodils and the Tulips and other early bloomers are peeping up out of the ground.  And each day, after I walk, I take a little tour around the yard to see what's new and sometimes what's old too.  Old is good.  I like old just as much as new!

However, what this bit of news is about today, is something that should make us all smile.
One of my favorite birds is back in town so to speak!
Thanks to a good friend of mine who has gotten me into "birding," I am trying to learn, absorb and remember various birds, their characteristics and their calls.  My favorite, thus far, is the Rufous Sided Towhee.  No, I didn't not take this picture.  I borrowed it from Google...:)

Listen carefully when you are outdoors.  Listen to a bird that seems to be saying...DRINK YOUR TEA.  Honest to goodness, that's just what it sounds like!  You will generally find these birds at lower levels.  They are typically only a few feet off the ground and, as you can see, they are as handsome as ever.  Actually in person, they are even more striking!

Comments

Popular Posts