A Real Scare

On Wednesday morning, when the dogs and I were coming down the last hill right before our driveway, I heard the loud thrashing of dried leaves.  I turned quickly over my right shoulder to see what would be making that much noise in the dried leaves.  Copper and Moon heard it too.  They immediately spun around towards the slope of the ridge and went into protect mode.  Moon growled.  Copper's fur was standing up along his spine, tail motionless.  Looking up on the slope of the ridge, I saw something...something blackish barreling down the slope right toward us.  At first it was just a blur because it was almost chest high in dried leaves.  To tell you the truth, I thought bear.  However, as it got closer, I saw that it was nothing to fear.












It turned out to be one of my neighbor's German Shepherd.  She's been coming down to visit lately.  I think she's looking for companionship.  After all, they are a working breed and working keeps them satisfied.  If she were mine, I'd put her to work.  She is a beauty though, isn't she?


















I put Moon and Copper inside the confines of the fence because Copper doesn't like her ...at all.  She is exceptionally timid and submissive and I don't want him intimidating her further.  Plus, I've had some experience with "fear biters" and that can be a little rough.



I stayed outside with her for a while, giving her a nice shoulder massage, talking to her.  Then when it was time for me to head in the house, she meandered up the ridge and vanished into the woods.



She'll be back to visit, I'm sure.























P.S.  Remember to stop at WVTreasures today for Angela's Show & Tail.  I'm linking up...:)














Comments

Popular Posts