A Real Class Act (Part 2)

So there he was...standing in front of the room.  I couldn't believe how he was dressed!  The slacks he wore were too short.  They were a pin-stripe.  They reminded me of a pair that my first husband had.  Actually, now that I think about it, they were from one of his suits.  Anyway, his socks were showing.  That's how short them were on him!  The upper part of his body really wasn't dressed to impress either.  The vest he wore was plaid...a loud plaid no less and he had it buttoned.  However, the vest was far too snug on him because it was popping between the buttons.  His shirt and tie were acceptable.  My thoughts ranged from what a looser to perhaps he's a comedian!  He's just the first act.

I was wrong...completely wrong.  Then he began to speak.  His diction, tone of voice and demeanor were good, I thought.  At least, he didn't sound like a knucklehead!  He began telling the crowd about smoking.  However, he didn't talk about the dangers nor the risk risks associated with it.  What he talked about was when we crave cigarettes.   You know...when you're on the phone, or your nervous or upset, anxious, sad, lonely, etc.  Then after about thirty minutes, he told us all to "take a break."  "Go smoke your last cigarette because after tonight, you'll either carry them in your purse with you for a while, or place them in a drawer, or just toss them out completely."  I thought "sure, OK."

Following the rest of the crowd, I headed out into the hall to hit the ladies room and light up.  Then I decided that this weirdo was not going to tell me when to have my last smoke.  So, I didn't light up after all.  We all went back into Conference Room #4.

to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts