The Paddle Boat (Part 2)

"Thump" again!  Terrified, I looked at Jennifer and said, "I'm going over the side to see what's going on.  You stay put."

"Mommy, I'll go," said Jennifer.  "You stay here."

"Quiet," I said.  "I'm the mother and there's no way I want anything to happen to you if you go in that water.  Now stay put.  I'll be fine."

Looking over the side of the boat, we still couldn't see anything except a darker shadow that was almost underneath us.  It wasn't the shadow from the boat though, because the sun was no longer above us.  It was already it the Western sky.

So, turning my legs and placing them up and onto the side of the paddleboat, I hoisted my body up and jumped in.  Oh my goodness!  I nearly killed myself from the impact!  When I landed, my knees buckled and almost hit me in the chin!  We were stranded on top a sandbar and some rocks!  When I straightened my legs and stood up, the water was only a few inches above my knees!

We laughed and laughed and laughed so hard, I really thought that we were going to pee our bottoms!  Then I attempted to free us, pushing and pushing on the boat until I was able to get it off and out into the deeper water.  Once I had the paddleboat in water that was about shoulder deep, the next step was easy...to climb back in.

Well, have you ever seen a woman wearing a bikini, try to get into a floating object?  It apparently was quite hysterical, according to my mother-in-law and husband who were on the beach watching this whole episode!  I'd throw my leg up and onto the side, but couldn't get my you know what up out of the water and over to accompany the leg!!! 

Finally, after many failed attempts I was in.  We decided that we'd had enough for the day and were heading back to shore.  Returning the paddle-boat, we walked down to our blanket and chairs, laughing and giggling the entire way saying how much our legs felt like rubber!

Oh, and one more thing...we were only out there a total of 35 minutes!

P.S.  The picture?  It's of the boardwalk that winds through the mangroves to get to the beach.

Comments

Popular Posts