The Call

Write a piece in which you use ONLY dialogue. Then link up Friday with The Red Dress Club.

 ~~~~~~

"JP, sorry to have kept you waiting.  How are you this morning?  You do go to bed early, don't you?"

"Yes, I do Dr. Minch.  I'm usually in bed by nine and up between five thirty and six."

"Well good for you.  I apologize for this taking so long and I don't want you to think that I've forgotten about you, because I haven't.  It's just taken me some time to find a surgeon who will do this.  By the way, the sample we took is not malignant.  It is not cancerous."

"Well, that is good news.  Let's get it taken care of then.  I was thinking about this when I left the hospital.  I certainly don't want it to grow."

"Well, no.  We don't want that to happen.  We want to get it removed so it doesn't have a chance to turn into something else.  That is why we want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.  I will notify your doctor of everything that's transpired and you will be hearing from a D ...let me see...how do you spell his name again?...ah, yes...here it is.  Have you got a piece of paper and pencil?  W...E...I...S.  After speaking with him, he feels confident that he can do this.  He shouldn't have any problem finding it, because I tattooed it.  Now I will warn you that preparation will be different than it was for me."


"Oh, I'll do whatever it takes to get this taken care of.  Thank you.  Thank you again, Dr. Minch."

Comments

Popular Posts