Punta Cana: An Injury


Our last full day was today.  So we decided to walk down to the shops that were scattered along the beach down a ways from our hotel.  We would be safe. After all, the KGB wasn't far behind!


We ate a bigger lunch that day because we really wanted to focus in on consuming fluids.

Here it was our last day and even the bartender on the beach knew it!
For today, he was making our drinks so strong that they were much darker than they were previously.  We laughed.  We called them Blue Thunder!









No rock wall climbing for me today!  I needed to stay focused.













Fun in the sun and remember to drink lots of fluids....here I am, getting mine...LOL!


"Just one more", I told Jennifer.  But, between you and I, I think this is the one that got to me!




Jennifer took some final shots of the beach and the resort that last evening....as...



I, lay peacefully...well not really...more like TOO DRUNK TO GET UP OFF THE CHAIR!
Then, when it was just about dark, Jennifer said, "Mommy, you have to get up and walk to the room."  Everyone has left the beach.  Just walk straight to the room and don't stop until you get there."
I crawled into bed, slipping under the sheets in my bathing suit with sand all over my body.  Hey...I've always been an ardent believer in exfoliation!!


This is NOT something that I'm proud of.  In fact, I'm ashamed that I let myself get in this predicament.  But, we all make mistakes and I've forgiven myself.  So where they heck are the KGB now?  Now when I could use some help walking!  They probably saw me like this and said, "cheap date...she can't hold her liquor...she's no fun!"
to be continued...
~~~~~

P.S  I've linked this post up with Lisa's Memory Lane Fridays: An Injury
over at Two Bear and Three Cubs Farm because according to the definition:

in·ju·ry n. pl. in·ju·ries 1. Damage or harm done to or suffered by a person or thing
I was injured!!


Comments

Popular Posts