Virginia's Christmas Bark

I got this recipe from a woman I became friends with while at the Y.  It was when I first relocated here and I remember saying to her, that hopefully I would remember her name since I had met so many people in such a short time.  She responded quite quickly and with that smile of hers, "This will be easy.  Just think of the state you now live in.  My name is Virginia."  Well, seven and one half years later, she still wears that same smile and I have never forgotten her name!!

12 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet chocolate~melt in a double boiler
3 candy canes~put in a zip-lock bag, seal and finely crush
 3 packs (from a box of 6) 100 Calorie Oreo Thin Crisps ~ coarsely crumble & add to melted chocolate

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and spread the chocolate mixture to about 1/4 inch thickness.  Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.  Pat slightl;y.  Refrigerate until firm and then break into pieces.  Store in refrigerator.  

Enjoy!...:)

Comments

Popular Posts