Something New

Every once in a while, you have to buy yourself something.  I mean, you deserve it, right?  Well, after getting some very valued input from Texwisgirl (thanks, "T"!!!), I decided to buy myself something new!  I bought myself this cool bird feeder.  Isn't it great?  It was delivered right before Christmas and I wanted to fill it immediately so my fine feathered friends could get used to it quickly!


I took a few pictures this morning and let me tell you, I'm apparently not the only one who likes it! 

 


I had to take these from inside the mudroom, because my fingers were simply freezing as I stood outside waiting for my fine feathered friends to arrive!  

Look at that little rascal coming in for a landing.  Isn't he just darling?
He's thinking, "there's an open runway...nothing waiting to take off there."
(I couldn't help that comment.  I just finished watching the news and they were talking about all those folks stranded at the airports for days!)







Look at all those little passage ways that they can scoot right into.  Of course, all my "LBJ's" (that stands for "little brown jobs"),who are really  American Gold Finches in their winter guise, have just monopolized it.

I try to keep the feeders full and put suet out as well, because I don't know how those little critters keep warm.  It's been so darn windy and cold here lately!  A thaw is supposed to happen this weekend which I am anxiously awaiting that so the "kids" and I can walk the mountain.  I'm really missing that a lot...:)

Comments

Popular Posts