Oh Sweetheart....

I mean Sweet Tart!  The other day I was craving something sweet...something tart and something warm.  I knew I had to stay away from those cookies.  So, in my brain file (did I ever tell you about my brain file?...remind me), I miraculously found the simplest of all snacks.  It goes like this:


What You Need:

1 Granny Smith Apple = tart
Cinnamon & Sugar = sweet
  (feel free to substitute Truvia for the sugar)

Then slice up your apple as if you were making pies or apple crisp (YUM).  Place slices in a microwave safe bowl.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  I also add just a smidgen of water in case the apple isn't juicy enough.  Cover.  Then you "nuke" for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes on high...because you want that apple to be nice and soft.



When you take it out, try adding some chopped walnuts and or craisins.  It is an awesome wintertime snack...:)

Comments

Popular Posts