Memory Lane Fridays: A Favorite Movie

I guess I could tell you how much I love all the old Christmas movies or how much I love to watch Dicken's "Christmas Carol" but I have to be totally honest here.  I am addicted to HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS.   I guess you'd call it an addiction...perhaps it's more like an obsession!  I simply can't help it.  I LOVE the movie. I LOVE the book.  I LOVE THE STORY!  This has been a long time fixation that I've had...well since I don't remember when.  In fact, one year for my birthday, my German Short Haired Pointer, Lady Kiera Von Pooh (you remember...the "perfect" dog?), gave me the book.  I read it every year to myself!  I watch the movie on television.  I do not yet have the DVD, but I will someday.

Just to totally convince you that it is my favorite, as the holidays approached when I worked at "the bank", I would prepare a "Grinch Test".  I never told anyone when the test would take place.  All I would tell them was that "the Christmas specials are on this week.  You'd better watch them to get in the spirit."

Then, I would show up at the office (yep...I gave "the test" to VPs too!) or one of my branches and give them "the test."  Whoever got the highest score won the prize I purchased.  The test usually consisted of twenty questions and was thoroughly enjoyed by all.  Have you ever seen adults cry because they got an answer wrong?  Pathetic!!  LOL!!  I remember the last time I gave "the test" was at the last Christmas luncheon that my peers and I would share before I relocated to Virginia.  You should have seen their faces as they tried to figure out what the answers were!!!  And the competition...what a riot!  Hands flailing, voices becoming louder and louder...a good time had by all!...:)  I loved each and every one of them that day!


However, although the book and movie bring back GREAT memories for me (and I hope for others in my life), it is the "story" that I LOVE most.  After all, how could anyone forget Cindy Lou Who let alone the infamous:

"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!  "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

"And what happened then...?
Well, in Whoville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys...and the food for the feast!
And he...HE HIMSELF...!

The Grinch, carved the roast beast!

Comments

Popular Posts