Holy Cheeseballs

If you're looking for a little something to serve before your traditional Christmas fare, you might want to try my infamous Cheeseball!  Well, I say "infamous" because it has been IN the FAMily served in my hOUSe forever!!!  Ha! Ha!  Gotcha...LOL!!!!  Anyway, I really wish I could take credit for the recipe.  I can't.  Believe it or not, I got the recipe from a gal named Bernice who was in the hospital the same time I was when I had my daughter forty years (YEP!) ago.  It's a simple thing to make up and then will keep in the refrigerator for days.  In fact, if you do make it, let it sit at least one day to "flavorize"...if you know what I mean.

                                                What You Need:                                                   
12 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Chopped Walnuts (about 1 cup)

Then, simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.  If I'm making a lot of Cheeseballs up to use as gifts or bring up to my real "kids", I use "the Grand Puba" (my Kitchen-Aid Mixer) as my son calls it.  And usually that's what I do at Christmas.  

Spread Aluminum foil and Saran Wrap on your counter large enough to encompass the ball.  Then scoop out the mixture and shape it into your ball.  Place it on the Saran Wrap.  Using your hands, place the chopped walnuts all around the ball.  Wrap securely and refrigerate overnight before serving with the crackers of your choice.  I use Ritz..YEP...full fat...because I'm so worth it! LOL!!!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts