Christmas @ Home (Part 2)

On Christmas Eve day, after the Pres got up, I suggested that he go to the local auto part store to see if he could get the spring for the truck's carburetor before they closed.  So after he ate breakfast, he went and was able to get some springs that seemed to do the trick!!  With the truck fixed, now he was going to drive me to my son's so I could visit for a few hours.  I couldn't wait.  I put Mia's gifts into the truck and we were on our way...:)

When we got to my son's and walked up the stairs to their living room, I said, "Mia, it's Nana."  She was being shy, hiding her face in my son's chest, just barely peeking out at me.  It wasn't until I grabbed her little feet and started kissing them that I saw that little grin come across her face.  I knew I was in. 

My son put her down and she and I began playing with her dollhouse.  She talks pretty clearly for a two year old and in complete sentences, I might add.  Joe was on the couch and while he and Jay chatted, Mia and I played.  When I told her that she could open some presents, the first one she picked was "that one, in the pink bag," as she pointed to the tissue wrapped package.  Annie...I hope you're out there somewhere on a computer and not in that 13 degree weather of yours!  Just look at how darling the hat fits!!!!


She left the hat on all the while as she continued to open her presents and even while we played and watched a "Frosty the Snowman" DVD together!







In this picture, she is putting Diego and Dora to bed.  She very tenderly covers them up and pats them on their back telling them,  "take a nap now...Nana is watching you."










Here we are enjoying "Frosty the Snowman,"as we drink our water.  She is holding her Teddy and a package of tissues.  Yep...tissues!   When I first arrived, I had taken out a package of tissues so I could wipe her little nose.  She clung to that package of tissues the whole time I was there!!!




When we left to return to Virginia, I cried.

There is a lesson here...
It's the thoughts & actions from the heart that really count!

P.S.  Today is my birthday and what better way to celebrate it...thinking about the ones you love...:)
Oh, and yes there is a Santa Claus!  I got what I wanted...some time with the "little one."

Comments

Popular Posts