Christmas @ Home (Part 1)

No, not Home in the Hollow.  I mean "home" in Connecticut.  I mean "home" with the kids!  I mean "home" with the grandchildren.  I mean "home" where there are lots of hugs, kisses, and love being passed from one to another!!!  Since I hardly no where to begin, as others have said, "I'll begin at the beginning."

The drive up was long...very long.  Actually it took longer than anticipated.  We weren't even out of Virginia (which takes 3 hours) yet when I noticed that the truck (my husband drives a Dodge Ram 2500), a diesel, seemed to be jerking.  When I asked him about it, he said he would check under the hood the next time we stopped.  When we did stop, he saw that a spring to the carburetor had broken, which meant that the gas pedal was extremely sensitive.  So, where he was comfortable placing his foot accelerated more.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, he simply told me not to worry about it, even though I did.

Then, of course, there was quite a bit of traffic being Christmas weekend.  We sat in bumper to bumper traffic from NY right to his Mom's.  Rather than taking us 10 hours, the drive took nearly 12 hours!  Needless to say, when we got to Mom's, it felt good...:)

She greeted us, as always, not only with open arms but also her hugs and kisses!!  She is a woman who welcomes everyone with open arms and a warm heart.  She also is an awesome cook.  She makes everything from scratch.  And being Italian, she makes her own homemade pasta and sauce.  In fact, for our short stay, she had me me one of my favorites...my own casserole of manicotti!


And so it was, a warm house, filled with the feeling of love and being loved.  And now, it was time for me to hit the sheets.  Tomorrow was Christmas Eve day.  It was the day that I'd get to see my son and his little one.  I hadn't seen them since September and couldn't wait!...:)  I was as anxious as a little kid awaiting Santa Claus!

Comments

Popular Posts