First of the Season
I peeled my first pomegranate of the season the other day. A lot of people have never even tasted one. I LOVE them! In fact, I usually buy anywhere from three to six a week once they're in season.
Towards the end of the season, I buy extra so I can then freeze the arils in quart size zip lock bags.
Simply cut off the ends, then score the skin along the sections. Place the entire pomegranate in a bowl (some people submerse it in water...I don't) and break it apart along the scored sections. Remove the thin membrane from the arils. Voila!! Then place the arils in your zip lock bag, folding bag over on itself to expel any excess air. Label with your marker and place in the freezer. Now you can enjoy them all spring and summer on top of your cereal like I do...:)!!!

Comments