Chapter 20 - Memories



When I was up in Connecticut for my Class Reunion, I not only visited the first house I lived in growing up but also went out to see the house I lived in when we began getting all of our animals.  It was a brand new house when we moved into it.  That was back when I was seventeen.  I had graduated high school and had been accepted to the UConn (University of Connecticut).  I was going to attend the local branch located in Waterbury.




Here's a few pictures that I took off the road of both the house and the barn.  You really have to "look through those trees" to even see the house!!  (To the right of that big tree trunk way in the back.) 

The front yard of the house had  changed immensely!  I hardly recognized it, to tell you the truth.  All the trees were huge and the house could hardly be seen from the road.  Back when I lived there, it was a nice open front lawn all the way down to the road.  I remember mowing all that grass and what a chore using a push mower!  Perhaps that's why the trees have been allowed to grow in...less mowing and for privacy...especially nowadays.  



I mean, back then, we never worried about privacy.  Good gravy, we never even locked the doors!

Times sure have changed!

Here's the barn, where the hay was stored after baling out in the hot summer sun.  To me, the barn looks so small.  I guess that's what happens when you grow up.  It's hard to believe, but we used to get 900 bales between the upper loft and lower level!  






Say, did I ever tell you about the time I...








Comments

Popular Posts