Be Thankful For...

My buddy, Lisa over at Two Bears & Three Cubs Farm hosts Memory Lane Fridays and her theme for today is quite simple:  A Memory You Are Thankful For.  That sounds SOOOO simple, doesn't it?

So, if it's so simple, why can't I think of just one?  I tried...I really did, but I couldn't.  However, several thoughts came to mind that need to be said.  First of all, why does everyone wait until November to profess what they are thankful for?  The thought process belongs on our Daily Things to Do List!  I know what "thankful" means to me, however, I wanted additional support so I went to a reliable source (Webster) for the definition of "thankful".  This is what I found:

"thank·ful

adj \ˈthaŋk-fəl\

Definition of THANKFUL

1: conscious of benefit received thankful>

2: expressive of thanks <thankful service>

3: well pleased : glad thankful that it didn't rain>

thank·ful·ness noun

Examples of THANKFUL

  1. Everyone was thankful to hear the good news.
  2. thankful that someone else was footing the bill for the lavish wedding banquet>

First Known Use of THANKFUL

before 12th century

Related to THANKFUL


I do know that they are so many people, places and things that I am thankful for.  Hopefully, they know WHO they are.  I also feel that "saying it" and/or  "showing it" is the least I can do.  That's my reward and more than enough for me!  For that, too, I am grateful.  I am thankful for God, my Country and my freedom.  After all, if I didn't have a heart filled with gratitude, what would be the point of being here?

Your conclusion after reading this is hopefully THAT I AM THANKFUL FOR EVERYONE & EVERYTHING THAT HAS MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY...:)

  P.S  "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: 
          They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  
          Marcel Post

Comments

Popular Posts