Wish You Were Here...:)

Today turned out to be a rather nice day, considering it's nearly the end of October.  A good portion of the day was overcast.  Then a sudden downpour would occur while the air itself remained warm and humid.  The rain then gave way to bright sunshine.  Before you knew it, the cycle would again repeat itself.  Gosh!  I never gave it much thought...maybe I should have been a weather announcer...:)LOL!!

I went out on the front porch to sit for a while.  It's sad to say, but I wish the front porch was used more frequently.  I love sitting out there!  Sometimes, I bring the dogs out there with me and make them down/stay while I sit and listen to the "sounds of my world" around me...birds chirping, the cry of a distant red-tail, a chipmunk rustling in the fallen leaves, a squirrel noisily making it's way along the slope of the mountain, the flowing water in the creek.  It's truly heavenly and can actually put you in a trance of sorts for those of you who haven't experienced it.





Today I snapped a few photos while it was raining.  As you can see, from where I was sitting, I could also picture you were there with me, sitting, perhaps, in one of the rocking chairs.





So, consider this your official invitation...:) 






Comments

Popular Posts