Tiptoe Through The Pasture (cont.)

My cousins legs were a lot longer than mine and mine, quite honestly are pretty long at 5'7".  But, they just weren't quite long enough that day because my cousin out ran me and rather than heading for the gate, she headed for the barbed wire fencing which was closer.  She jumped and was over.

As I dodged and darted among the trees, I approached the fencing.  I saw her lifting up the top strand of barbed wire.  She wanted me to duck down and dive through it!  What a great idea I thought as I got closer and closer.  Billy was in hot pursuit and not far behind me.  I now know what it feels like for those people who participate in the running of the bulls in Spain! 

My cousin and the fencing was only a few short strides away.  I dove, launching myself forward up and off my feet.  My cousin, however, let go of the strand of fencing thinking that Billy was coming straight for both of us.  I made it through the fencing but not unscathed.  The barbed wire caught me right below my left eye.  I have a scar...it's ever so slight now...hardly noticeable.
 
There's a lesson to be learned here.  Remember always:
Tiptoe through the pasture, when the bull comes, you'll run faster!

P.S.  Today's Tuesday!!!!  Remember to link up at Angela's  WV Treasures
for her "Show & Tail"...I did...:)

Comments

Popular Posts