The Men in My Life

Now I'll be the first to admit that I've had several men in my life. And fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), you are not going to hear about them!  Ha! Ha!!  However, you are going to hear about these little guys.

These two fellas were a gift from my daughter's best friend.  I believe it was our first year in the Hollow down here in Virginia.

They are still alive and kickin' so to speak.  All you have to do is squeeze their toe and they start strummin' away the tune made famous by Don Reno and Arthur Smith back in 1955.  Their little paws move up and down on their banjos and out comes "Feudin' Banjos" which later became known as "Dueling Banjos"!!  

In fact, it was sort of coincidental that our kids referred to home here in the Hollow as "Deliverance"  and that Mac would appropriately give these guys to us as a gift on our first Christmas visit back home.  I remember she said to me, "You are either going to love them or hate them."  Needless to say, I LOVE these two men that came into my life!!! 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts