Long Lazy Afternoon Made Adenturous (Part II)

We had driven over an hour passing the Jefferson Forest.  We found the place easily enough...thanks to me spotting their mailbox number quickly.  Mike hit the brakes.  Now he had to back up.  That's when he told me that doesn't do that well either...not with the trailer attached!  LOL!  Anyway, he managed to get us into the driveway and as I looked around I saw a Palomino, a Paint, a black mare, a huge black donkey, turkeys, a cow all before I even spotted the last two.

The woman went into the paddock and as she tried to catch him, she told us that when she'd gotten him from the field earlier that morning, his halter must have been dry rotted and just broke.  So here he was all bright eyed and spunky with the halter hanging from his neck.  She then went on to say that he's not real friendly although he's never bitten or kicked anyone.  "But, he is a good boy," she said.
I looked at Mike and whispered in his ear, "are you sure about this?"  So, finally the woman was able to grab hold of his halter and attach the lead we'd brought.  Then she said, "he leads real nice...once you catch him...  see."

We bribed him up into the trailer with some feed and thank goodness no pushing was required!  We said our farewells and headed back home, climbing the curvy mountainous roads ever so carefully.  Once we got back to Mike's he told me he would lead him out of the trailer and that he wanted me to walk him around to get adjusted to his surroundings.  Sure, I thought, just what I've always wanted to do 
on my Long Lazy Afternoon Made Adventurous = Llama

 
P.S.  I personally think they should call him Ivan the Terrible, but that didn't go over well.  Actually, he's really quite sweet...once you catch him!

OOPS...I nearly forgot today is WV Treasures' Show & Tail Tuesday!  Don't forget to "link up"!

Comments

Popular Posts