Lady Kiera Von Pooh, The Perfect Dog




If you've had the opportunity to read some of my other stories about Kiera, you should by now have a picture painted in your mind as to what kind of dog she was.  As my daughter so aptly puts it to this day, "she was perfect.  When my mother moved, Kiera would move.  When my mother would sit, Kiera would sit.  She's do anything my mom told her to do.  She was like a robot.  Mom, you have to tell them about her."

Well, not always...LOL!   Here's a little eye opener of a story, a reality check, if you will.  I know I told you that Kiera and I would walk each weekend with my best friend and her dog, Bunny.  Occasionally, Kiera and I would head over to Bette's house...you know...for "coffee and" (I love the "and" part at their house!!)

So, picture this.  I'm at the table with Bette "lip lappin'" (an expression I've learned since I moved here!) and the dogs...well...they're being dogs.  They pretty much always had run of the house.  In fact, I believe, at the time, they had only Dani, Bunny.  They were always fostering Short Hairs through GSP Rescue.  Then, of course, Kiera was there too.  The dogs are pacing around back and forth, just doing their "doggie" thing, between the kitchen/dining area and the living room, stopping to look out of the storm door into the front yard, then back to us again.

We'd give them a treat here and there and continued to chat.  Now, I will admit that it's taken me a long time to say this, but, I was not on my toes as I should have been.   I will admit that I was not anticipating my dog's next move.  I will admit that I did not have one eye on my dog as I had been taught.  I will admit that I did not

see Kiera, the wonder dog, assume the squat position and pee on Bette's oriental rug!  LOL to this day...:)

Comments

Popular Posts