Hunting for?

This morning, I took Moon and Copper up behind the barn as usual.  They always like to investigate and get their "sniffers" working before we go for our walk.  Besides, now that it's getting light later, I don't like to head out for our walk until it's clear enough for a car to see us on the road.   I am anxiously awaiting the time change...:)

As the two kids began their sniffing and searching, Copper dropped his "kong" directly over a pile of old fence posts.  Then I watched him as he attempted to get his jaws around one of the posts!  I know I've told you that he's got pit in him and all I can say is, thank goodness he is my friend...because I wouldn't want those jaws around my limb!  I watched in earnest as he grabbed the end of the post in his jaws and then lifted his head to move the post up and over the adjacent one!!  Who in the world taught him that maneuver?  That's what told me to go back to the house and get my camera.

 Then their focus changed to the pipe lying on the ground near the fence posts.  It's just an old rusty pipe about 8' long and 5" or so in diameter.  Take a look at the two of them.  I'm hoping that what they were after was a chipmunk and not a snake.  Although it seems to be far too cool for snakes to be hanging around now, I did see two when I was weed eating last week.  At this time of year, once the sun has heated up the road and or the rocks, you might catch one hanging out just to warm up.

Here's Copper trying to bite the end of the pipe.  Then he'd stop, stick his nose right up inside and take a deep breath.  Meanwhile, Moon hovered around the middle section, listening attentively for movement.  What a team! 

Then, I decided it was time to head out for our walk.  I said, "Are we walking?  Let's go!!"  They were down near the far gate in a flash, leaving whatever they were hunting for behind...ready for their next adventure!  In my eyes, each new adventure gives me something to celebrate...:)

Maybe that adventure will be over at  West Virginia Treasures' Show & Tail!  After all, it's Tuesday...stop by and visit Angela!  Hope to see you there...:)

Comments

Popular Posts