Country Girl Dates City Boy (cont.)

There it was a face that all of us except Ray recognized.  It was Billy, our bull...our white-faced 1500 lb bull!  He had apparently gotten out of the enclosure...although we never figured out how!  So, now that we knew it was nothing to worry about, my Uncle went down to the barn to get some gain in a bucket.  Since it was so late, my Uncle did not want to check the fence-line so he decided that we would simply put Billy in one of the stalls for the night.

Leading the way was my Uncle with the bucket in hand.  Billy followed with my cousin on one side of  him and I on the other.  Ray was still lingering behind...quite a good distance.  We get down to the barn and opened the stall when my Uncle turned to Ray and said, "I'll lead him in to the stall and if he balks, just push."  "Push what?", Ray replied.  "His rear end," said my Uncle, followed by, "you may have to put your shoulder into it.  He doesn't like small spaces."

I saw the look on Ray's face, his eyes popped wide and then I saw him take a big gulp.  He had a grin on his face as he looked over at me as if to say, "is he kidding?"  Then, the next thing I knew Ray just came out and said that he was not going to go near "that thing" let alone behind it!

My cousin and I both got behind Billy's haunches and shoved with our shoulder.  Billy was in...snug as a bug.  My Uncle climbed up and over the side of the stall into the adjacent one and was now out in the open.  He approached Ray and said, "you really are a city boy, aren't ya?"  

Ray never asked me out again.  It was probably the priest thing, don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts