Rain At Last

This morning after I walked with Moon and Copper, I grabbed my camera.  I wanted to take a few pictures so I could show you what it's like here in the Hollow on a cool morning after heavy rains.  We actually hadn't had any significant precipitation all summer.  In fact, I believe I read that the last one inch of precipitation we got was back in the spring.  It was as snow.





Needless to say, it's been very dry.  Last Friday, I took this picture of my creek that runs under the driveway.  As you can see, my creek was down to just a mere trickle!

 



Then it began to rain this past Saturday.  It continued to rain pretty much right through Monday afternoon.  Take a look for your self and the power of Mother Nature.  Everything just re-emerged, green, fresh and lush!













 As you can see, there was also this wonderful heavy fog hovering all around us!  Of course, I will admit that when I had to drive up and over the mountain in this kind of weather, it was a little scary to say the least.















These shots, along the fence where I've planted Bittersweet, are just a sampling of what I see when I look around on a morning like this!   The Bittersweet is completely loaded with berries!  I'm going to have some beautiful arrangements this year!!




















Comments

Popular Posts